Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spring Fashion 2009: Brooks Brothers' Country Club Line (Plus, an Inauguration Bonus!)



I was going to just cover Brooks' main spring collection, but I decided to go with the Country Club line first. I just love it. Their advertising campaign for it is, as usual for Brooks, perfect. Check it out:





I also enjoyed this campaign I received in my e-mail for their resort line:




But let's take a look at Country Club's spring items for 2009.


Country Club Sleeveless Pique Slim Fit Polo



I just love this look, with the navy and white. This polo also comes in three other colors: white, orange sherbert and desert rose.


Sea Island Cotton Shell




Sea Island Cotton Cardigan



Gotta love a great twin set and this one is divine. It also comes in navy, which I prefer. But then again, I prefer nearly everything in navy! So I tried to switch it up by picturing the other two colors.


Country Club Short Sleeve Argyle Sweater



Pink and green argyle?! LOVE!


Country Club Sleeveless Knit Dress with Polo Collar



I adore the look of a casual polo dress and this yellow is fabulous. It also comes in lobster (peach) and wedgewood (periwinkle).


Country Club Cotton Stripe Skirt



I prefered this striped skirt over the solid ones they offer.


Country Club Cricket V-Neck Sweater



I really love this sweater. So simple and classy.


Country Club Silk and Cotton Argyle V-Neck Sweater



More evidence of my argyle fetish.


Country Club Two-Button Blazer



They also had a double-breasted version of this blazer, but I like the more casual look of the two button.


Country Club Vintage Golfer and Tennis Cuff Links





Cuteness!


Country Club Picnic Basket



This picnic basket makes me smile. Perfect accessory for a gorgeous Saturday in the park.



Bonus time! I had wanted to post my favorite inauguration designer fashion sketches for Michelle Obama, but I haven't really gotten around to it. Well, I have now! These were the ones that caught my eye. My absolute favorites are the red Monique Lhuillier for evening and the white Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel for day.

Christian Lacroix:




Diane von Furstenberg:




Isaac Mizrahi:




Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel:




Michael Kors:




Monique Lhuillier:




Oscar de la Renta:




Peter Som:




Tracy Reese:

1 comment: