Friday, December 26, 2008

Consumerism at Its Best

Well, it's the day after Christmas and I'm here at my grandmother's house perusing my favorite stores online for awesome deals. Who doesn't love after-Christmas sales?! Nobody, that's who! So let's dig in!


Brooks Brothers



Brooks Brothers is having their amazing semi-annual sale until January 5! Plus, on top of their already marked down prices, Brooks has been offering an additional 15% off today and yesterday. I know! Buy, buy, buy! Some things that caught my eye:

Wool Solid Dress (Sale: $199.00, Reg.: $398.00):



I'm fond of most of Brooks' dress collection, but I'm too lazy to post pictures of them all. If you're interested you can find them here.

However, it seems my favorite dress must be sold out since it is no longer listed. But I managed to find a picture for posterity.



Oh my God. LOVE!

Classic Single-Breasted Blazer (Sale: $291.00, Reg.: $388.00):



I love this whole look. Crisp and classic. It's similar to this other blazer (Sale: $194.00, Reg.: $388.00) below that is in their Country Club line.



I bought my mother this seersucker pajama set (Sale: $32.00, Reg.: $65.00) for Christmas.



They're more summery than wintery but, trust me, my mother already has enough winter pajamas!

Accessory time! Silk scarfs can add a little drama to any outfit and I love this luggage/travel-themed one (Sale: $114.00, Reg.: $228.00). And it's on clearance!



Ah, jewelry! When it comes to jewelry, I'm of the philosophy that less is more. I'm all about simple and elegant. So, naturally, I'm drawn to pearls. I can't help it. They're like crack to me. And I covet this bracelet (Sale: $149.00, Reg.: $298.00).



Now, shoes! Brooks has so many quality, classic, and stylish shoes. They make a woman feel like she's died and gone to heaven.

Alligator Pump (Sale: $1498.50, Reg.: $1998.00):



Aren't the red ones fabulous?! They just pop! Not exactly for the animal-conscious, but they certainly are gorgeous.

Kiltie Pump (Sale: $144.00, Reg.: $288.00):



Perfect shoe for the career woman. Classy and practical, but still stylish enough to be fashionable.

Tassel Pump (Reg.: $288.00):



OK, so this wasn't on sale. But isn't it fabulous?!

This final bit has nothing to do with Christmas deals, but I adore Brooks' ad campaigns. Every e-mail I get from Brooks is like a little slice of a classic, American lifestyle.




Ralph Lauren

Ralph Lauren sometimes gets a little too trendy for my taste (don't get me started on that big pony...thing...they've been into lately), but they still know how to rock the classics and I'm often able to find things I love. However, their Christmas/winter sale is nowhere near as good as Brooks Brothers'. Regardless, I found some things I liked.

Serana Calfskin Riding Boots (Sale: $1010.00, Reg.: $1100):



Brooks has a similar version that is cheaper (Sale: $748.00, Reg.: $998.00) and, honestly, probably better made, but for some reason I prefer Ralph Lauren's pair. I think it's the buckle at the ankle. It gives it a distictive riding boot feel, while Brooks' could just be regular old boots.

I also found this turtleneck sweater (Sale: $34.99, Reg.: $59.50) which I actually bought. I even got an additional 30% off the sale price!



I got it in this gorgeous icy blue which will go perfectly under the white cableknit sweater I already have. The little polo player on my sweater is the same color as this turtleneck. So, yay! A little post-Christmas present to myself!


J.Crew

J.Crew often has amazing online sales. Unfortunately, their site has been bogged down by glitches since the summer. Even today I experienced problems with their site. But they have great deals and are offering 20% off their final sale items. Some highlights:

Cashmere Ruffle Cardigan (Sale: $99.00, Reg.: $178.00):



Silk tricotine Rebecca short dress (Sale: $99.00, Reg.: $350.00):



Alabaster Tweed Coat (Sale: $249.00, Reg.: $395.00):



J.Crew also tends to veer into the "too trendy" territory for me, but they always have the classics I love.


Lilly Pulitzer

Lilly Pulizter isn't having a sale online, but her line can be found in major department stores. My brother gave me this sweater (Sale: $82.00, Reg.: $138.00) for Christmas (and when I say "my brother gave me," I mean my mother picked it out, paid for it, wrapped it and my brother stuck his name and a bow on it!). It was on sale in the store. That's how I'm justifying it's presence in this post!




L.L. Bean

I may be the only one (other than my mother), but I totally love this tartan flannel nightgown (Sale: $24.99, Reg.: $39.99) from L.L. Bean.



I grew up with my mother wearing flannel nightgowns in the winter, so I have a strange affinity for them and this one is just adorable!


I know I've only covered women's fashions, and in the interest of (quasi-) fairness, here's a (very) brief rundown of some of my favorite men's deals this holiday season:

Brooks Brothers Merino Argyle Button-Front Cardigan (Sale: $88.00, Reg.: $148.00):



Seriously. I have an argyle problem.

Ralph Lauren Cotton-Cashmere Fair Isle Vest (Sale: $179.00, Reg.: $325.00):



I'm of Scandinavian ancestry, so this fair isle look really appeals to me. I think it's gorgeous.

L.L. Bean Warm-Up Jacket (Reg: $59.00):



Now this is something my brother could handle. I really like it and it's a fantastic deal. I know, it's not really on sale. But $59.00?! You can't beat that!


These are my favorite holiday deals. I would have loved to include another one of my favorites, Vineyard Vines, but they aren't having a winter sale! Boo! I'll have to cover them in a different post. But there are definitely some great deals out there this holiday season. Makes this little shopper very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment